Thursday, May 12, 2011

Turkish Delight

we got back to out lovely little abode after walking all over Berlin today, and promptly passed out. Though I do LOVE the Ellington hotel, I wish we had a smidge more privacy in the showering department...



Yes that is the sink next to it, but what you can't see is the rest of the room is about 6.2" out of frame to the left. So uhm, yeah you pretty much get in the shower fully clothed and whoever in your room has to watch tv and only the tv, so there isn't some peep show action going on.

After the tight rope walk that was showering and getting dressed, we decided to have a pre pre dinner cocktail, with some sort of orangey lemonade vodka concoction...





Then we headed down to the cocktail bar to meet Asan's childhood friend from Turkey, Pinar, which I am pretty sure is Turkish for "awesome"!

We chilled and had a drink at the hotel bar, our waiter told us about the special cocktail, which all I could understand was that it had "herbs" in it. So feeling brave I gave it a shot. I pretty much expected an Oregano or Parsley cocktail, but what showed up was this deliciousness...



Mmmm Raspberry herbiness! Did I mention that Pinar is awesome?



After cocktails, we decided to grab a bite. Seeing as that I was surrounded by Turks, I suggested we go have Turkish food for dinner. We headed off to this place...



I left it up to them to order a traditional Turkish dinner, so they order a ton of food. I wasn't exactly sure what we were eating, I think there was a cow, a lamb, possibly a Unicorn or a Chupacabra. Whatever it was it was it was beyond delicious! With enough food to feed a small country came enough laughs to annoy everyone within a 10km radius...





And then Pinar and Asan ordered something called Raki...






It's in Turkish and I have no idea what it means, but it tastes like licorice and I'm guessing it means any variation of the following... "why can't I feel my feet?", "what happened to the last four days?!?", "my insides taste like burning!", "why are there four of you!?!", "I just ate an entire cow, how am I still hungry!", or, "mmm licorice booze!"

As the Raki started flowing, so did the hilarity...
























Once we finished the Raki, we decided to get some Turkish dessert...



Mmmm once again, have no idea what it was called (blame it on the Raki), but it tasted as If the Shredded Wheat guys had a torrid affair with Mrs. Butterworth and then covered it with cheese and pistachios, in other words, HOLY CRAP YUM!!!

We were having such a great time, we didn't realize that we had been eating and laughing for about 4 hours and ended up closing the place down...



Another great night with great peeps...





Serefe!! Which means Cheers in Turkish. Night night.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Berlin, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment