Friday, May 13, 2011

I Got Culture Comin Out My Ass! Or Maybe I'm Just An Ass, Hmmm

Waking up this morning took a little longer than yesterday, if you aren't sure why, see the previous nights festivities. If i had driven last night, my parking job might have looked something like this...



I mean really?!? I am not the best driver, but I at least make an effort.

Needless to say, after drinking Turkey, we decided to take it a little easier today and skip breakfast because if I keep eating for 12 I am going to need to start shopping here...


After getting some much needed coffee we decided to hit up Checkpoint Charlie, which was way too touristy and pretty hilarious when you consider the "American soldiers" posing for pictures, were I believe, a German, a Greek and some other guy from Eastern Europea.









After last nights debauchery, we decided that it was time for a little culture in our lives, so we hit up Museum Island starting with the Pergamon Museum...



I have to say I was pretty impressed right off the bat, once you walk inside their is a huge altar...


Equally as cool were the little audio guides to help us get our learn on...



But the thing is, the chick, Greta, just rambles on and on and on, it can get a little distracting...



So of course we started doing bits...






And then the weirdest thing happened, maybe it was from hunger, or Greta prattling on in my ear, but the statues started doing bits too...

























RUDE!! After the Museum we decided to grab a bite here...hot!



Asan wanted to introduce me to a staple in Germany, Currywurst! Which is Bratwurst and homemade ketchup mixed with curry, it was pretty tasty...









After stuffing our faces we checked out the Reichstag, which is the German Parliament building...



It's pretty fancy, just like this thing which was a hundred years down the road, despite looking fairly close...



Now that we have got our historical culture in, it's time for a little pop culture.

We are heading back to the hotel to rest our weary bones, aka drink, while we wait for Pinar to meet up with us again for dinner and to watch the Eurovision semi final at some random gay bar which is actually pretty close to the hotel.

And then we are off to Dusseldorf tomorrow morning. Peace out!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Berlin

No comments:

Post a Comment