Sunday, May 8, 2011

Hello London! Goodbye Fedora

So with excitement I headed to LAX to start this crazy adventure. I was a wee sad leaving, okay that's not really true, but just go with it, it's better for the story (and no it's not lying it's creative license).

Things were going smoothly, I managed to find out where I was going without getting lost, and for anyone who knows me knows that is a feat in and of itself. Next was the first tricky part...security. After shoving my giant carry on bag and book bag and shoes and everything else through security, I got stopped for a "random screening", which is code for you look suspicious, which happens to me every time I fly! I think I look very friendly, clearly TSA feels otherwise. I then had to do that new fangled x-ray thingamajig. Is it bad that I wanted to do something inappropriate? (I leave in to your depraved imaginations as to what I wanted to do)

Thankfully cooler heads prevailed and I just stood there, I know I know boring! But the way I see it, better to do something dumb on the trip than before the trip even happens. Sadly, fate had something else in mind. First I almost left my suitcase at security along with sed fedora, but luckily the lovely TSA dude (sarcasm intended), reminded me to get my bag with a look pretty much like this...




After that snafu I thought I was safe and sound, nope! I sat patiently waiting to board, and when they called our flight I was so excited (or bored from sitting) that I jumped up and ran to the gate, leaving my poor poor fedora in the terminal




Oh how I had such plans for you my trusty fedora




We were going to paint the town red in Berlin, drink the night away in Florence and stumble home together in London




But alas here I sit in Heathrow tired, alone and fedora-less. Dear fedora, may you rest in peace, and to whomever finds her (she wasn't the most masculine hat, but she was mine) R.I.P. Fedora 2011-2011

Asan should be meeting me soon, only he can bring me out of these doldrums...well him or cocktails!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Heathrow Airport

1 comment: