Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Berlin is an Amazing and Sometimes Strange Place

So we started wandering around the city, and i have to say there are some pretty spectacular sites, like the Brandenburg gate...






The Holocaust Memorial...



Which I thought it a wee tacky that people were playing Hide and Seek among the memorial...



Then there was whatever this was supposed to be. I really have no idea...


Asan was doing his best to play tour guide, but with my exhaustion there was definitely a little bit of the Charlie Brown teacher thing happening (whomp, whomp whomp whomp whomp) Sorry Asan, I blame the night train of death!

And this place just looks like a big Boob to me...



Oh please you know it does!

Then that is when things started getting a little weird. First there was these creepy statues, that i swear were both like Old Man McGee from Scooby Doo, the eyes were totally following me! They were I swear...






See I ain't makin this stuff up Cuh-reepy statues!!!

Then there was this poor bastard who clearly has THE WORST JOB EVER...



In case you can't tell he is selling Bratwurst from a hot grill strapped to him like some sort of meat time bomb (great, now I'm hungry again). And why he has an umbrella attached to this contraption on a balmy Berlin afternoon is beyond me.

After this ridiculousness we decided to head to this place for coffee and cake, mmm cake...



We went up to the top of the ball for an awesome view of the city...







Then what was supposed to be a nice relaxing lunch...





Took a turn for the worse when the restaurant started spinning...



WTF!?! Who makes a spinning restaurant! But we withered through it and had a lovely time stuffing our faces yet again...






Now that we were full of deliciousness and caffeine we decided to check out the Berlin Wall.

Once aging it was equal parts amazing and uhm kinda random at the same time. There are spectacular drawings like this...






And some that I found amazing but also unsettling...





And then some that were uhh, well, I will let you make up your own mind...



And then there is this one...


And I couldn't help but do one bit, just one! Don't judge me!



All in all, great day, despite the exhaustion.






Off to go chill at the hotel before meeting up with Asan's friend Pinar for dinner, cocktails and maybe some dancin.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Berlin

1 comment: