Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Terror Train

As night approached, we sat to have one last carb festival at Asan's parents house before heading off to Berlin by overnight sleeper train...













Asan was a little more sad than I was, but to be fair, this was his childhood home...






I was feeling pretty stoked about going to Berlin...






So we headed to the train station and walked into our compartment, and by compartment I mean claustrophobic cave...












But it was then that we realized that there were 4 other beds in our cubbyhole! F, did that mean that we had to share our cell with four other people!?! Being the a-holes that we clearly are, we turned off the lights and locked the doors and hoped that people thought our closet was out of service (Insert closeted gay joke here).

So we waited with baited breath to see if our masterful plan would work...












And hurrah! Our prayers were answered, we had the compartment all to ourselves.

So we tucked in for the 7 hour train ride exhausted and ready for a good nights sleep. Well here's the thing...sleeping on a train SUCKS! Especially when your "direct train" stops every 20 minutes! I felt like I was stuck behind this lady on the freeway...




Needless to say I woke up, or should I say sat up and I was none too pleased with this arrangement...



Asan on the other hand was giddy as a school girl, because he somehow managed to sleep, and was in Berlin, one of his favorite cities...






I was still less than enthused...





And things didn't get any better once we got to the hotel and it was too early to check in! Now we have to wait 7 hours to check in, and I've slept maybe 30 minutes, oh ya I'm F'ed! Off to explore Berlin or perish somewhere along the way.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Heidelberg to Berlin

No comments:

Post a Comment